To the Old Boathouse Stores website and online shop.
The Stores are open from March to November each year and the online shop is available all year. Opening times.
In house we stock most of what you will need for a stay here: Gifts, Clothes, Newspapers and Magazines, Beachware, Fishing Tackle, Groceries, Beers, Wines and much, much more.
SHOP CLOSING AT 4PM
If you are telephoning in orders, this downloadable stock list may help. It has been done in a bit of a hurry and I hope to improve readability by and by.
Follow us on Twitter @TheOldBoathous1
Sennen Cove Tides - April 2nd. Low: 05:33 High: 11:48 Low: 18:21
New Sennen Cove Timeline added showing events over time. Feel free to send in your facts to add to the chart.
2020 is Sennen Church 1,500 year anniversary (but who's counting) and 400 years of First & Last Inn (a mere baby). Events and celebrations are in planning. Information on the Wass On page nearer the time and in The Diary by and by.
Downloadable pages now added to the Sennen Info Centre pages, including our fish list, fish recipes and instructions for cooking live crab & lobster.
The Old Boathouse shelves now sport ten gins with the inclusion of Marmalade Old Tom, from Pocket Full of Stones, local and Cornish and hand picked for your delectation ... and purchase in great quantity.
And now we have three rums to complement the collection.
At last a page dedicated to what is going on in Cornwall for your delectation. See the link under Store Information on the left of this page or click on the link below.
- Visit Cornwall's links to current events
- Sennen and Sennen Cove events
For more details go to our Wass On page
Eat Well - Eat Local
At The Old Boathouse Stores
Cornwall continues to build on it's reputation as a centre of excellence for quality local produce.
Here at The Old Boathouse you can share in this wealth as we start to expand our range for the season. Here's just some of our seasonally stocked Cornish and local goodies.
- Salad vegetables, local in season
- Cornish early new potatoes from Trevere Farm in Sennen (in season)
- Local potatoes
- Variety of meats from Mr Olds of St Just
- Cornish milk, butter and cheese
- Cornish Blue cheese
- Cornish proper free range eggs
- Rodda's & Trewithen Dairy Clotted Cream and yoghurt
- Curds & Croust Cornish Camembert, Brie and Truffle Brie
- Preserves and chutneys from Sisley's
- Buttermilk fudge bags
- POPTI savoury biscuits
- Award winning Cornish Dukkah dipping sand
- Cornish peanut butter
- Cornish tea - yes really, from the Tregothnan Estate
- St Ives Cider, cider vinegar with 'mother'
Drink Well - Drink Cornish Gin
At The Old Boathouse Stores
As well as having some of the best food in the country, Cornwall is also producing some of the best gins and spirits, too..
The Old Boathouse is proud of its range of Cornish gin. As well as stocking "the best gin in the world", Tarquin's Navy Strength we also have a fire cracker of a gin, Staffords.
Staffords, along with Aval Dor vodka is distilled from Cornish potatoes. I can affirm that the vodka is the closest thing you can find to Irish Poteen and the gin, straight from a very cold fridge, is a gin you will remember for a very long time. Here is what we have.
- Tarquin Original 35cl & 70cl bottles
- Tarquins Sea Dog and Rhubard & Raspberry 35cl
- Helston Wild Coast Gin 70cl
- Caspyn Gin and Marmalade Old Tom - from Long Rock, Penzance
- Caspyn Summer Cup - a take on Pimms but better (in our opinion)
- Staffords Gin - from the fridge and neat worth a try
- Aval Dor vodka - vodka at the top of its class
- St Ives Cider - farmhouse, dry and medium
- Cornish Beer - Doom Bar, Skinners, Harbour, Dynamite and Cornish Pilsner
Fresh Fish is available to order, delivered six days a week.
Following the relocation of our fish supplier we are currently seeking an alternative. There may be some disruption to supply in the meanwhile.
Marine Stewardship Council certified CORNISH HAKE as well as pollack, megrim sole, sardines, John Dory, lemon sole, monk fish, haddock and many more in season fish.
An extensive range of other fresh fish can be ordered for next day collection (except Sunday). Most fish is sourced locally and the live crab & lobster is from Sennen Cove, in season. Cuts and sizes prepared to your requirements. See our fish list.
Drop in and ask about our fish. You may be surprised how easy it is.
Sample easy fish recipes available, full instructions for cooking and picking crab and lobster and we can even lend you a pot to cook it in when ordering from us.
A day on the beach? Come in and stock up:
- Range of good value wetsuits
- Beach tents with 30 UV protection
- Beach mats
- Beach blankets with waterproof backing
- Shorts, swimsuits, bikinis, tankinis and swim shorts for all ages
- Beach towels
- Cheapest range of buckets and spades in The Cove